I've noticed an issue crop up recently where drush seems unable to download new modules, or update existing ones with the drush dl and drush up commands. The issue is that some versions of wget shipped with Redhat Enterprise Linux failed to check SAN names in certificates properly. This article from fastly explains the issue well. Note that Drupal.org hosts its updates server on fastly.
You can see where drush is failing by using the verbose flags
Here I go, still posting articles on Drupal 7, but hey, maybe someone will find these useful since that version isn't going away any time soon. Now how about a little SEO for the error message:
This is an odd one. I had a Drupal site, which when I tried to rename a menu link, would revert to using the title of the destination page instead of the text I entered for the title. For example, I have a Apachesolr search page that allows you to search for users on the site. When you are on the page, the title appears as "Search Results." Nothing unusual there. But, I wanted the menu item that allows users to get to the page to use the text "Member Directory." However, after saving the menu link, the text reverted to using "Search Results" in the menu instead of "Member Directory"
A good reason to remove inactive modules: drupal_system_listing(). In some recent on a Drupal 7 site, I kept noticing errors when running database updates via drush, which looked something like this: